Sunday 22 October 2017

An Update - Back to School, GCSEs and a Holiday?

I feel like it has been forever since I have had a little chatty update on my blog so I guess that's what I'm doing today. A lot has happened over the last month or so and I just want to fill you guys in. I also have a lot coming up in the rest of 2017 so I am probably going to talk about that briefly too.
I don't know whether many of my readers know this, but I am actually in my final year of high school right now. I am in year 11 and I take my GCSEs next year which is honestly crazy since I have been working up to them for so long. Year 11 so far has definitely tested me to say the least, it is definitely a lot different to what I thought it was going to be like, my workload has definitely doubled, maybe even tripled but hopefully it will die down a little with mocks coming in December. Just in case you don't know, I am currently taking for my GCSE the core subjects, history, German, fine art, product design and computing. I have actually already started my computing controlled assessment about a week ago and now that I am in the swing of things, I don't feel so bad. As for the other subjects, they are all very hit and miss. Sometimes I love what I do and the next I regret everything I have ever done but I am still going to try and push through because hopefully, it will all be worth it at the end.

As for after high school, I think I know what I want to do briefly. Obviously, nothing is set in stone yet but I am definitely going down the fashion/ design route. I have had a look round a few schools/collages that offer a mixture of subjects, both BTecs and Alevels but we will soon find out what I end up doing. All I am really sure on is that staying at my high school to do alevels isn't what I want to do first and foremost, it is an option, but there are other places I would rather go. There are definitely positives of staying at my high school but to be quite honest, I do just want somewhere new and fresh to have a clean slate as high school had its ups and downs for me and I am not sure whether it is a place I want to carry on being associated with. I am obviously going to miss a few things, mainly my friends as no one is really looking at places I am looking at but I guess time will tell when it comes to friendships and with which ones will last and not last. I am definitely not giving into the fact that I am going to be in a whole other position, place and education system next year, I am still sort of in denial, but the future is looking up.
There is still two and a half months left of 2017 though, and I actually have a few exciting things coming up very soon. I am actually going to Berlin in October half term with my history department as Nazi Germany is a topic on my specification and I am so excited. I have already been to Germany twice and I have loved both times, but I am still yet to see the capital so hopefully it will be super great and I do have a few blog posts planned for while I am away too. After Berlin though, my main focus will be on my mock exams which I have right at the start of December but I am still hoping to have at least two blogposts a week up. 
Even though it will be Decemeber, I am not actually going to do Blogmas, for a few reasons but the main one just being that after doing it for the last two years in a row I haven't got very many ideas that I haven't done before. I am still going to be posting plenty on my blog during the festive season it just wont be everyday. I also think that it will have it's benefits because last year I was just posting for the sake of post and some of the content I produced, I can't really say I was proud of, so this year I really want to make good content and write about things that I really want to share.
December is going to be such an exciting month even though I have my mock exams, I have quite a few events planned. Firstly, I am going to Hannah Renee's Christmas party which does fall right in the middle of my mocks but I don't care because I love Hannah and I can't wait to meet her and everyone else who is going. I am going with a group of friends so I am super excited just to have a day in Manchester as I don't get to go there too often. Also right up to Christmas, I am actually going on holiday again. I am not going to say too much about it though, just because I am not too sure on anything because nothing is booked yet, but I am just hoping something does get booked as I have never been away for Christmas and I just think that it would be amazing!

As for my blog at the minute, the thing you are reading this from, I am super happy with it. 2017 has definitely been a year of growing for me, as a blogger in particular. I have tried out so many new things and I am still coming to terms with my style but I am liking where it's heading. Do let me know though, any posts that you want to see because I obviously want to make content I enjoy, but also something that you want to read, so if you do have any ideas you can comment on this post or message me on my Twitter or Instagram. You have probably noticed, but I have been posting three times a week on my blog and I am really enjoying it. It is a lot of work but I love all of the lovely comments you all leave and it just makes everything worth while. I am not sure how long it is going to last though, because like I said earlier, I am starting to get very busy, but I am going to try my hardest and hopefully, at least two posts a week will be going up every single week.

If you have read all of that then you definitely deserve a medal as I have a tendency to ramble and make multiple spelling mistakes so thank you if you did. I hope this post has answered any questions you might have had about my current state and where I am at in my life.
Do let me know in the comments any blog posts you want to see soon and hopefully I will get round to writing them!
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Berlin trip and best of luck with all things year 11!
    Amber x
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. GCSEs are really an up and down journey! I can tell you that for sure. I'm in Y12 now and looking back at last year, feels like sooo long ago. I honestly cannot remember what I was doing for the majority of the year. It's all worth it in the end!

    Berlin is literally one of my most favourite places. I went there at the end of Year 10 and I fell in love! :) You're so lucky to be able to go to Hannah's Renee's Christmas party. She's stunning! x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a lovely comment, Nikita!xx

      Delete
  3. I'm currently doing my GCSEs to and will do the exams next year. I can so relate with subjects being a hit or miss or living it one day and hating it another. I had mocks two weeks into the school year and I w1as not prepared. My next mocks are in January and I'm starting to make revision resources so I'm prepared. Good luck with your mocks!I'm sure you will do the! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck for your mocks! I am so super nervous for mine but lets hope that we both do well!xx

      Delete