Tuesday 5 September 2017

School Makeup Look - All Drugstore

I know it may be the dreaded part of the year for you, I know that it definitely is for me, but there is no denying that back to school is right around the corner, if not already here for some of you. Over the years, I tend to do a back to school or school appropriate makeup look so the tradition continues. This year, all of the products are not only drugstore but also cruelty free and if you add up the prices of all of the products it is just over £30 which I don't think is too bad for a full face. I also do just want to mention that Superdrug is on 3 for 2 at the moment, so if you do want some makeup, a lot of these things you can get off Superdrug, so take advantage while you can.
Also, I do want to mention that you do not have to wear makeup to school, I don't 99.9% of the year as I am just too lazy but if you do want to wear makeup then this is what I suggest. Don't ever feel like you need to wear makeup to school, because you don't,  makeup should not be a chore and it should not be something you feel forced to apply, just wanted to add that in.
Since this is a makeup look that is school appropriate and we are in school 6+ hours, we need our makeup to last all day and so I really suggest to not miss out primer. My choice is the Collection Primed and Ready Warm Apricot Primer - £4.99, it is anti-fatigue which is great, because I don't know about you but I am zombie when I wake up and it is also illuminating so it will give us just a natural glow while not looking oily.
Personally, I would skip foundation when wearing makeup to school because I think it is a little heavy and concealer can do the job. For concealer, I would suggest using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19. This concealer is amazing, I'm sure that you all know it and it is so affordable so it was worth the mention. I would apply the concealer, under my eyes and just on any redness or maybe a spot I have and then just blend it in with either a buffing brush or a sponge. Personally, I think that a sponge works better with this concealer as it can sometimes be a little heavy but use whatever you have.
Like with the primer, we want the makeup to last so setting down the concealer we put down is a must whether you have oily skin or dry skin. A powder I think is great is from the Freedom Highlighter Set - £5 and it is the highlighting powder called Queen. Don't let the fact that it is a highlighting powder fool you because this shade in particular is such a natural luminous powder that is just going to set down the creams but it is not going to make you look flat or powdery. I tend to apply this with a fluffy brush and just patting that all over the face, making sure that I am directing the product over where I put the concealer in particular.
I think that highlighting is all up to you, whether you want to blind in the classroom or just wear something or maybe even nothing, it's up to you. If you do want to glow though you could use either the shade Bad Habit or Sophisticated out of the same Freedom Highlighter Set - £5 that we used to set the face. Bad Habit is a little more intense while Sophisticated is a little more natural but still a little something something. Personally I would probably wear Sophisticated, apply it with a little face brush just on the cheekbones, brow bone and a little on the nose. I am also likely to put this just on my inner corner which is just going to open up my eyes a little bit more and make me look more awake. For me, that is enough, it is making my skin look glowy but not like I am soaking wet, if you get what I am saying. 
To bring some life into my skin, I like to apply a little blush and my favourite is the Natural Collection Peach Melba Blush - £1.99. This blush is in a great formula and it is so affordable. The colour is a beautiful, neutral pink shade which will look great on any skin tone and it is super natural on the skin. I find that blush just makes my skin look super fresh and awake. My favourite way of applying this is just with an angled face brush and I just take a little bit and swipe it across my cheeks focusing it on the apples of my cheeks.
For adding some dimension into my skin, I like to just add a little bronzer since I think contouring is a little heavy. The Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze Bronzer - £3 is super lovely. I love using it with a fluffy duo fibre brush and just dusting it along my temples, cheekbones and jawline a little. Just to add some dimension into my eyes as well, I will just run a little of this through my crease as well. I find that bronzer just makes my skin look 3d again and it just adds a little more life in my skin while still looking super natural.
I can't not do my brows when I wear makeup but I don't want something that is super complicated to use and heavy so I find a pencil to be the best way to go. My favourite is the Elf Brow Pencil in Taupe - £3, it is super creamy and easy to use, I also find that because it is so creamy, I don't have to set it. I just run this pencil a few times through my brows in little strokes, just filing in the sparse part of my brows.
To keep my eyes looking open and big, mascara is a must but for me, it has to be waterproof because it lasts longer and it is just full proof. My favourite at the moment is Collection Volumax Waterproof Mascara - £5.99. This does come with a primer on the end just to hold the curl a little more but I don't really use it but the mascara on the other hand is great. It holds the curl and it is super black so I love it. If you do want something a little more natural, a brown mascara is the way to go, but I find black mascara opens my eyes up that little bit more.
Finally, just to add something on the lips, I love a creamy lip balm like formula. My favourite is the Collection Lip Colour Spf 15 in Fudge Delight - £3.99 because it feels like a lip balm but it has a little colour to it and a nice slightly gloss-like finish. This just completes the look for me but you could wear any lip product from balm to a gloss, I guess you could really play around with it.
Do you wear makeup to school?
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. The MUR bronzer is huuuuuge! I love how you're promoting cruelty free makeup as well x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. That natural collection blush is one of my favourites! It's such a gorgeous colour! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get a few more shades!xx

      Delete