Thursday 17 August 2017

Summer Glam Makeup - All Cruelty Free!

Currently, I have a lot of new makeup to try and test but I have also been trying to experiment more with cruelty free makeup and so I wanted to do a whole post including products that are only cruelty free. Obviously, if you are not into cruelty free makeup then do you, but I just wanted to show that you can do a full face of makeup with products not tested on animal, and you never know, you might discover that one of your favourite products are cruelty free.
Since this is quite a glam look, I am going to start with my eyebrows first just to really shape the face before starting anything else. To do this I am using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe, which is super easy to use and beautiful to apply. Just to make sure that it doesn't budge, I am going to use the Collection Clear Brow Gel, just to set everything into place.
To clean up my brows and to prime my eyes, I am using some concealer, (Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer) which I will also use on my face later. This will just sharpen everything up and help my eye shadow last. To help blending, I am going to set the concealer just with a white, matte powder, just to give a plain canvas. My choice of eye shadow is the NYX Eye Shadow in Whipped Cream, just because it is super white and easy to use. Starting in the crease with a light brown shade, one I have been loving recently is the Freedom Eye Shadow in Sweet Life, it is so warm and beautiful, definitely recommend. I am also just going to put a little bit of this on the lower lash line just to bring it all together but not make it shrink the eyes too much. This creates the perfect base for transition shades in the crease but to add some more depth and a little colour I am adding the Freedom Eye Shadow in Bad Behaviour and focusing it on the outer crease. This is a beautiful red shade which will make my eyes pop while adding some colour. In the outer corner, I am going to work in some of the Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear Eye Shadow just to deepen the outer part of my eye since this is a more dramatic makeup look. For my lid shade, I am using the Makeup Geek Foiled Eye Shadow in Luna, which I have not used too much, but I really love its formulation. This shade is so super bright on the lid and just looks great with all of the crease colours. Finishing off the eyes with a kohl liner, this is the The Body Shop Kohl Liner in Black which I love because you can really smoke it out to be extra dramatic. I am just applying this on the upper lash line and a little on the outer part of my lower lash line. For lashes I am using the Collection Volumax Primer and Mascara just to add lots of volume to my eye lashes and since it is waterproof, it is perfect for summer.
Onto the face, I am using the Urban Decay Self-Adjusting Primer just to even out my skin tone and help my makeup last throughout the day. Then for foundation, I am currently testing out the LA Girl Pro Coverage Foundation so let me know whether you want a review soon. This foundation is super full coverage but if you want me to talk about it more in depth then let me know. To highlight my under eyes and the centre of my face, I am using the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer which I love because it covers really well and the colour is so brightening, it makes you look so awake. I am actually baking for once and I am using the RCMA No Colour Powder which again, I want to review, but just to let you know, I am obsessed with it. Baking with this lightly under the eyes, made my concealer look so smooth and airbrushes, obsessed!
To bronze, I am using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder in Havana which is the perfect warm brown, to just add some shape and definition to the face. I am also just going to contour a little with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder in Fawn just to sharpen and sculpt my face. To clean up that bronzer and contour, I am going to take a little bit of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder in Banana and just sweep that underneath my cheekbones just to clean up anything that might look muddy. For blush, I am using a favourite, the Kiko Provocative Pink Blush just to give my cheeks a little colour. To finish off the face, I am going to highlight with a new favourite, the OFRA X Nikkie Tutorials Everglow Highlighter, which a review will be going up on this very soon so keep your eyes peeled. I am applying the two lightest shades on the cheekbones, cupid's bow and tip of the nose but also the lightest shade on the inner corner of my eyes and on the brow bone.
Finally, for the lips, I am lining them with an oldie but a goodie, the MUA Caramel Nougat Lip Liner just to increase the lasting time of the lip colour and just to keep the lip line looking sharp. All over the lips, I am going to use the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Likely and this is such a beautiful peachy nude, perfect for summer. The finish of this is also super nice as it is not full matte but won't budge.

I hope that opened up your eyes to some products that might come with other benefits like it being cruelty free and maybe it will inspire you to do some of your own research. Obviously, I will continue to keep my content completely truthful when it comes to mentioning animal tested beauty because I want you to see me grow as I go through this myself.

What other makeup looks do you want to see?
Grace xx

13 comments:

  1. Love the lip shade and the highlight is so gorgeous! I'm researching myself about cruelty free makeup as I'd love to use less products that test on animals. Great post!
    Kate Xx http://www.luxekate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am currently trying o do too, but progress is everything!xx

      Delete
  2. I love to use Cocoa Bear to deepen the outer corner of any makeup look! Lovely post :-)
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went cruelty free about 6 months ago and let me tell you, going 100% is hard but I love to see that some of my favourite products are cruelty free. It's great of you to be spreading awareness on this topic. Can't wait for the Ofra x Nikkie highlighter review xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is actually already up if you check out my last few posts!xx

      Delete
  4. yes!! you don't need to torture animals to look hot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this post, more are coming!xx

      Delete
  5. Love this post, and loving the cruelty free brands!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. the highlighter looks lovely. lovely post!x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete