Tuesday 15 August 2017

A Little Haul, Primark and H&M

It feels like forever since I did a haul on my blog so I thought that I would just do a little one today. This is just a little bit of everything and it is from both Primark and H&M so I hope this gives you a little insider to what is available at the moment.
 Since I went to Primark first, I am just going to start with that. Currently, I am switching my room up a little bit and so I just wanted a few new little things to add some finishing touches into my room. My room has not plants or flowers in it whatsoever and so I wanted to pick up a little fake plant, because I should not be trusted with living things, just to see whether I like the look and I do. I chose this little green plant (I am so good with names!) but I loved that it came in a little copper pot. Copper is super trendy at the moment and since I my room is white, grey and a light wood, I wanted to incorporate some mixed metals subtly into my room. This was £3 and I will definitely go back and get some more because I think that they look super cute on my shelves and even in the background of my photos, just to add a little colour.
Next up is a little photo holder, I have seen a few people buy these recently in Primark and I can see why. They are these little marble photo holders, they come in loads of shapes but I got the hexagon one because I thought that it was a little different. This was £1, and again, I want to go back and get more of these because they are a great alternative from photos frames and you could literally put anything in them, from to do lists, to old train tickets, I just think that they are a great way to personalize your room.
To finish off homeware, I picked up an essential for my room, a reed diffuser. In my house, there is actually a ban on candles and so to make my room smell nice I use diffusers. I am currently running out of my current one so I wanted to see how good Primark diffusers are because they are super cheap and have a great range of scents. These are £3 and they claim to last up to six weeks, so I will definitely put that to the test. I got the Elegant Luxe diffuser which smells subtle but nice which is what I would usually go for as a room scent.
 For beauty, it was quite boring but I love Primark for there super inexpensive essentials, so starting off with that I bought a hand gel. This was 50p which is just great and it does the job. I always keep a hand sanitizer on my dressing table because when I do my makeup, I want clean hands to prevent breakouts. The one currently on my dressing table is running out so this is just a back up, but definitely an essential I think some people forget about.
Sticking on the essential beauty products, I bought my favourite face wipes. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love and adore the Primark face wipes, I eat, sleep and breath them. Being a beauty blogger, I am constantly swatching, testing and my hands get very dirty very quickly, so having these makeup wipes handy is just a necessity. I love these ones because you get 50 wipes for £1 which is just incredible but even with them being cheap, they still work great. For the face I tend to steer away from wipes but if it comes to it I will, but for the most part, I use them for my blog photography and just little things like that. My favourite ones come in the pink or light blue packet so as you can see I got some of the light blue ones. I go through these so quickly so this is like my 50th repurchase, but I love them!
Finally for beauty, I bought the PS... Primer Water. Now if you have seen the picture then you are probably thinking, why is it half full? Well, silly me didn't realise that in my bag of things to photograph for a haul, this was leaking in the bottom. It took me two days to notice so I lost about half of the product which is such a shame but never mind, I must have picked up a faulty bottle which is so annoying. Anyway, I was super interested in trying this just because the primer waters I have heard of are all high end. This was £2 though, which is such a bargain and I really hope that it is good, but I will report back as always.
Final thing from Primark was a piece of clothing. Currently, I am seeing loads of people buying some really cute things from Primark but the Primark close to me stocks none of it some I could only find one nice piece. It was this orange bodysuit with this caging detail under the arm. I thought that this would be a really cute piece for summer just with a pair of jeans or with a skirt. I love wearing bodysuits but I did want to add another into my collection so I am super happy with this. It was £6 which is such a great price, but I am not sure whether you can tell from the photo but it is a little sheer so the quality is not the best, but for the price I cannot complain.
 Starting with H&M, I bought this sleeveless T-Shirt dress in grey, which I thought would just be great for summer. I find shift dresses to be super flattering but all of mine had sleeves so I wanted something a little more summery. This was £8.99 which is such a great price for a dress, the fabric is quite thin but for warm weather I think that it will be perfect. The one problem I have with this, is that I bought it in a small and I probably should have got an XS because it is quite long in length. Sizing in H&M has always disappointed me, I range from an XS to a L so I would definitely suggest trying things on and sizing down if you were to buy this dress.
Next up from H&M and I bought this royal blue cropped jumper, and it is my new obsessed. I was so in love with this because of the colour, I thought that it was so different but still a wearable and fun colours. Even though this is not all that summer appropriate, if you know me, you will know that I live in jumpers, so I know that I will be wearing this all year round. I also really like the shape of it and how it fits tightly at the bottom and on the sleeves. The tight parts, I think, look really flattering on. Again, I bought this in a small even though I am usually a medium in H&M jumpers but the fit of it is a little oversized, so like the dress, I would suggest sizing down. They also had a pink version, which I am quite tempted to get but I know I am going to love this jumper to death, so a very great purchase. This was £12.99 which is such a steal as it is so fluffy inside and it is definitely really well made so a great buy.
The final piece in this haul is the biggest bargain ever! This is a little strappy playsuit, and luckily, they had just one of these left. It was a size small so I just picked it up in the hope that it would fit, and it does really comfortably actually. This is in a really nice burnout navy colour and what I love about it, is that it has an elasticated waist and adjustable straps which is just what you need when you have an awkward body type like myself. I love this on because it looks super flattering and so understated and for around the house or on a really hot day, I think that this would just be super cute with converse and a jacket tied around the waist. The one thing I will say is that there are not pockets but I can get past that. I have saved the best part until the end, this was £3! £3! which is the biggest steal of the year for me because I know just how much I am going to wear this and how long it is going to last me.

Do you like this style of haul?
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. You picked up some really lovely bits! I would love to hear more about the Primark primer water as I've been wanting to try it for such a long time. The bodysuit is so cute as well xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will definitely be mentioning the primer water soon so hopefully you can get a feel for the product!xx

      Delete
  2. Primark are killing it with their homeware collection atm! I love the H&M jumper you picked up, too. Great post!

    Alice x

    Check out my recent? http://www.girlabroad.co.uk/2017/08/zaful-wishlist-denim-dresses-dupes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked up some amazing things! Love your haul!
    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the marble photo holder looks so nice, I definitely need to get some when I next go to Primark! you picked up some lovely things, I love the playsuit! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get some more photo holders, they are so cute!xx

      Delete