Tuesday 29 August 2017

30 Beauty Question Tag!

After a great evening binge reading some blog posts, I came across this tag from the lovely Em Barker and I felt inspired to answer the questions myself. Full credit goes to Em for inspiring this post and I will be sure to leave all of her posts at the end of this one so that you can go and read her answers. Anyways, this is just a 30 question tag relating to all things beauty so I hope you enjoy!
1. Do you remember your first makeup item? 
Haha, yes I do! I actually bought three things at once as it was 3 for 2 in Superdrug on Maybelline. I bought the Cover Stick Concealer, an eye shadow quad and one of those nail polish twist things. I remember when I got home I was so excited and I spent the whole evening just swatching and playing with everything.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? 
The closest mascara I have found to perfect is the Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme but since it is not cruelty free, I am still yet to find a perfect mascara. I tend to look for something that will give me length, volume and it has got to hold a curl and be waterproof (so nothing much at all really, I'm not picky).

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? 
It honestly depends, I like quite a flexible foundation, something I can wear a light coverage of but something I have the ability to build as well. Most of the time when I do wear makeup though, it tends to be all or nothing though, so I am likely to go for a medium to full coverage. 

4. Favourite high end brand?
It's a tie between Too Faced or Urban Decay, saying that, I haven't tried a lot from either, but what I have tried, I have gotten along with.

5. What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try from, but still haven't? 
There are so many but to name a few Tarte, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Milani, Zoeeva, BH Cosmetics.

6. Favourite drugstore brand?
Definitely Collection or MUA or Barry M, there are so many things I love from each one of those brands, and for such a great price too!

7. Do you wear false lashes? 
Not yet but I really want to get into them, so comment your recommendations.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without? 
I actually love to just wear no makeup but does lip balm count? Even though I constantly forget to apply it!
9. What is your most cherished beauty product? 
Probably my Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Amazing Grace because it is my name and a lipstick that is way out of my budget but I love it.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get loads of goodies at once?
It is so dependent on offers, new releases and just like how much money I have but I tend to buy a few bits of makeup like once a month maybe, it is usually just a handful of products though so nothing too crazy. 

11. Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?
I just spend freely, if it is something I really want then I don't mind the price unless it is like off the charts, but I haven't came to that point yet.

12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I don't really tend to buy sale makeup, unless it is a proper steal but I do have a Superdrug and Boots card so I do get money off as I spend which is always great.

13. What types of products do you buy the most?
Definitely eye shadow, it is a problem, I have way too many palettes for one little girl. I just love feeling inspired, plus I always keep the lips and base neutral so the eyes is the only thing I tend to experiment with.

14. Is there a brand that you cannot stand?
I can't really think of a brand I can't stand, obviously, not every brand is made for me but I can't say that there is one that I just cannot stand.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphates?
To be honest, I don't really think of stuff like that, maybe I should!
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Not really, I love Beauty Bay as I can just spend hours on their website getting lost in all of the brands available. For an actual shops, I find them all super intimidating so I can't think of one.

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I love experimenting with skincare but I have a set routine that I always go back to if my skin is not having it.

18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Soap and Glory or The Body Shop, both have incredible products and amazing scents that I just love.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Thinking about it from a realistic point, I would say Soap and Glory because they do great skincare, body care and makeup. Plus I would love to try more from them, so I guess that would be the perfect opportunity.

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love the quirky packaging from Too Faced but I also love the sleek packaging from the likes of Buxom, so I can't really decide.

21. What celebrity always has great makeup?
There are so many people that come to mind, Selena Gomez just always looks incredible, I love some of the creative looks that Zendaya wears and I love Ariana Grande's classic winged liner and glowy skin. Those three are definitely my favourites.

22. Do you belong to any online communities?
I don't think so.

23. 5 favourite beauty gurus?
Hannah Renee, Jaclyn Hill, Manny MUA, Kathleen Lights and Shannxo. There are so many though, I could go on forever.

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I tend to always forget about my lip and cheek stains but I like making my products have multiple purposes like my concealer as an eye base or my bronzer as eye shadow.
25. Are you clumsy when putting makeup on?
All the time, especially with mascara, for some reason, it just gets everywhere!

26. Do you use a makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I have to, I don't think that I could wear eye shadow without a base anymore.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
On a daily basis, maybe like one? I wash my hair like three times a week, I usually avoid dry shampoo until necessary and I don't use a lot of heat on my hair. When I do use product though, I use like three or four in a day but that caters for the whole week so I'm not sure.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, always! It is just the way I have always done it so I don't think that I could break out of the habit.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have thought about it, like maybe as a course to pursue a career in it but I think I have learnt quite a lot just from trial and error, and the internet of course, so I don't think that it would be too beneficial for me.

30. What do you love about makeup?
Everything! The whole idea of makeup, I adore. I love the creativity of it, being able to do anything with your face making it look completely different to what you started with. I love the beauty behind it, making someone go from insecure to totally confident, it is truly life changing. I love what makeup has taught me, from the actually products, formulas and application to life long lessons like patience and respect, it is true madness. Again, I could go on forever!

I hope you liked that post, it was just something a little different for me!
What do you love most about makeup?
Grace xx

Em Barkers Links:
Blog - http://emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk/

10 comments:

  1. Great tag, this was so entertaining to read! I always forget to apply lip balm too :)

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Really made me think about makeup and now I want to answer all the questions! x
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problem with mascara, my favorite one isn't cruelty-free! These tags are always great to get to know someone :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this post- it's so much fun to read! I've heard so many good things about Soap and Glory makeup, after reading this I think I need to get some for sure! -Tash xx

    www.thoughtfultash.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, lovely! I loved reading your answers. Barry M is my favourite drugstore brand too. lovely post:) x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete