Friday 16 June 2017

Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone!

Firstly, I want to apologise for the awful quality photos, this blog post was a very last minute collaboration and thanks to the unpredictable England, I have had no opportunities to take any quality photos.
Now that I have that out of the way, today's blog post is all about breaking the boundaries and wearing something completely new. We all have at least one item of clothing that we bought out on a whim thinking, "Oh, I am never going to wear this, but I'm going to buy it anyway!", I know I have been there. That's what today's blog post is all about, wearing something new and taking a step out of your comfort zone.
The lovely people at Dia&Co got into contact with me and inspired this post. They are a plus size clothing brand that is all about embracing your shape or size and feeling confident in every way. I can't even express how important it is for you to feel all kinds of beautiful in what you wear and so I challenge all of you to step out of your fashion comfort zone. Share it on Instagram, Twitter or even do a blog post like me. If you do wind up breaking your comfort boundary, then leave me a comment and I will check it out. I will also leave a link to Dia&Co at the end of this blog post so you can go see what they are all about.

My day to day fashion choices are as simple as jeans and a t-shirt. I don't like to wear skirts or dresses or anything sleeveless without a jacket. That's just me, we all have something we don't like about ourselves and that's okay, but I know recently I have been so stuck and bored of what I wear. It has taken a while, but I have stepped out of my jeans and t-shirts and into something different but still something I feel confident in.
 The outfit I have chosen to share with you is super simple but I am so happy with the way it looked. I actually ended up wearing this on holiday, just to test the waters a little bit but I know now that I am going to get loads of wear out of this dress. 
(All links are at the end of this post)
The dress is a thin, strappy swing-style dress in this beautiful dark blush shade. Looking at this on the hanger, I thought that it was going to hug all the wrong places and the colour was going to wash me out. The swing style is actually beautiful though, it doesn't cling to any of my insecurities and I feel as though the mini length really flatters my shape. I really love the details on the straps as I feel like it just adds a little extra something without have to go all out with jewelry. The colour is actually my favourite part, it is so versatile, you could pair this with tights and a coat in winter or some converse in the summer. This colour is definitely one for all year round and I think it would look great on a range of skin tones.
I paired this dress with some wedged sandals in this dark tan shade. Sadly, I don't think that these are available anymore but you could probably find similar as they are a very basic style of shoe. I really loved the wedges with this outfit as it was a little more evening appropriate and adding a few inches to my height doesn't hurt.
Would you ever step out of your comfort zone?
Grace xx
Links Mentioned:
Dia&Co - https://www.dia.com/

Dress - https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/uk/girls-dresses-dresses-and-rompers-6962773/must-have-strappy-swing-dress-9088349_03?ofp=true

5 comments: