Wednesday 17 May 2017

Current Base Routine - No Foundation

With the weather getting warmer my makeup is beginning to change, especially my base. I have been going for something a little lighter in coverage and skipping out foundation so I thought I would share with you my current base routine. Obviously I still change it up, but for this season, this is my go-to.
I skipped primer for this post just because I am still yet to find one that I love enough to call my favourite so I am still yet to share that with you. Obviously like I said before, this routine requires no foundation so straight on with concealer.

Me being me, I cannot just use one concealer so for under my eyes and highlighting I use the LA Girl Pro Conceal Concealer. Mine is in the shade Porcelain and I find that it is the perfect colour to brighten and conceal my under eyes. I blend this out with a beauty sponge and this helps to prevent creasing. For the rest of my face, I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. I use this on blemishes and redness to make my skin look more even and I blend it out with a dense buffing brush to maximize the coverage.
To set and further brighten my under eyes, I use two shades out of the ABH Contour Kit, Vanilla and Banana. I apply is on a small, fluffy face brush, focusing it on my under eyes. This will prevent it from creasing and will add even more coverage.
For the rest of the face I dust a little of the Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent, which just makes sure that nothing moves throughout the whole day.

I have also been skipping out contour as well because I feel as though it is a little too intense for a day to day look and so I use a bronzer that does a little bit of contour and bronzing. With a dense duo fibre brush, I apply the Benefit Hoola Bronzer to my cheekbones, temples and neck for a natural all over bronze. 
For blush, I have been going for something a little glowy and my current favourite has been the Too Faced Sweetheart Blush in Candy Glow. This is so beautiful to just lightly apply and it just makes you look radiant while adding a little bit of colour.
Finally For highlighter, I use a cult classic, The Balm Mary Loo Manizer. This highlighter is such a gorgeous golden shade and it is definitely a must have.

What is your current base routine?
Grace xx

14 comments:

  1. Great selection of products! I really want to try the abh contour kit, it seems great! Can't go wrong with the Mary Lou Manizer either!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend the ABH contour kit!xx

      Delete
  2. The balm may lou manizer is such a cult classic! Definitely a favourite of mine
    Beauty Candy Loves
     

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this base look - it seems like a perfect combination!
    Meg
    TheMegEdit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely products! The Mary Lou-Manizer is one of my favourite highlighters, it's perfect for summer! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love this, if you're struggling to find a primer I would recommend the Smash Box one I think it's incredible xx
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might give it a go, I have heard good things!xx

      Delete
  6. Great picks! Such a simple routine. I love the Mary Lou-Manizer and Hoola bronzer. They're amazing!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your picks! I basically never wear foundation so I could really relate to this - I really want to try Hoola! xx
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete