Wednesday 19 April 2017

Go-To Spring Makeup

Since transitioning into a new season, my makeup has been gradually changing also but it has sort of settled for the time being, so I wanted to share my current makeup routine. This has been the makeup that I have been wearing a lot recently and it includes a few new products so I thought that I would make a blog post out of it.

I am starting with the face for this makeup, just because I keep the eyes quite simple also so there is no need to do the eyes first. My primer of choice is the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm, which I have used in a lot of my previous makeup looks but it is all I use to prime because it is the only one I own, that does not help my foundation cling to my dry patches. It leaves a tacky finish and quite dewy which is what I need with my super dry skin at the moment. For foundation, I am taking my L'Oreal True Match, but I am going to turn it into a more tinted moisturizer formula by mixing in a little moisturizer. My current moisturizer is the Clean & Clear Oil Free Moisturizer and I am just going to add a bit of that into a pump of my foundation. Like I said earlier, my face is super dry at the moment and I am not looking for too much coverage so this is just what I need. I think you could also wear this makeup without foundation at all but I just like a fresh canvas. Concealer, I have pulled out the LA Girl Pro Concealer in Porcelain which I have really been loving. The applicator is a bit of a pain but the shade and coverage is great for highlighting my face.
To set everything I am going to use the Freedom Translucent Pressed Powder. Not going to lie, this powder is nothing special but it does the job fine. Just to set my under eyes and give them a little more coverage, I am taking the highlight shade out of the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit. This is very similar to the Seventeen one I always talk about except it is not as intense, and not as good in my opinion but it is nice and something a little different for me.
I am going to skip contouring just because I don't want to make my makeup too dramatic for day to day. Keeping it fresh with just a little bronzer, once again, from the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit. This may be a contour kit, but I find the shades a little too warm for me to be able to fully sculpt with them, so I just mix the two shades together one a big, fluffy face brush and just apply it to my cheekbones, temples and neck. At the moment, I have really been liking no blush so we are skipping that step out and going straight onto highlighter with none other than The Balm Mary Loo Manizer. Everyone loves this highlighter and rightly so because it is amazing. Recently I have been going more heavy handed on the highlighter just because I really like the way it looks and this gorgeous light golden colour looks great with the bronzer.
For my eyebrows, I have really been loving using powder through my brows. The Freedom Duo Brow Powder is amazing for this, I use the shade Soft Brown and I just lightly fill in my whole brow in with the darker shade, making sure to fade it out nearer the front. I always have to set my eyebrows unless they just become uncontrollable so for that I am using the Collection Clear Brow Gel.
For my eyes, I am just priming them with my concealer and setting them with some face powder and then we are ready for the crease. I have been loving my Morphe 35O at the moment so I am just going to take a good mix of the matte, warm browns and just take them in my crease, making sure that I keep the darker shades to a minimum and focused nearer the lash line. I am also taking the light matte browns on my lower lash line but I am not going to blend the down as much as I usually do because I want to keep my eyes quite open. For the lid and inner corner, I am taking my Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells trio and mixing the two lightest shades and just packing that on my lid. Then taking the brow bone shade and applying that in my inner corner and brow bone just to highlight. Skipping out eye liner because I don't want to make my eyes look any smaller and moving straight onto mascara. My current favourite mascara is the Mac In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara and it has been my current go to. It gives my lashes so much length and volume, plus the formula is super pigmented and makes my lashes super black. 
I am keeping the lips so super simple with a lip gloss. The Artdeco Hydro Lip Booster in 28 is the perfect pale nude gloss. It lasts a great amount of time and it is not too sticky. I can see this being a go to lip product this spring.
This is the finished makeup!
What other tutorials would you like to see next?
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. Love your page! xx

    simplylucy101.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mary Loumanizer is perfect for spring! I love the Walking on Eggshells trio, I need to dig it out again x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I did, and I have fallen back in love with it!xx

      Delete
  3. this makeup look is really pretty! I absolutely love the LA Girl concealer. the Mary Loo highlighter looks amazing! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your makeup! And also I've always wanted to try the Wet'n'wild trio
    http://wanderluststhoughts.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete