Monday 4 January 2016

Best Makeup Products of 2015

(I apologize for the awful pictures, the weather was not on my side)
Hi everyone,
As another year has gone past, today I thought I would share with you the best beauty products of 2015. 2015 for me has been a year of experimenting with all things beauty. I have spent a lot of 2015 trying, testing and just experimenting with makeup and beauty. I hope you enjoy this post!

Makeup:
During 2015, I discovered makeup in general. I have learnt so much and have found products that really enhance my skin. All of the products are drugstore because I have only been able to invest in high end very recently, so I couldn't include the products.

MUA Pro Base Primer  - I bought this at the very start and has lasted me ages. It was super cheap and I could honestly notice a different in staying power. I would highly recommend this and has definitely been a staple for me in 2015.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - I discovered this in late spring in 2015 and has been a daily staple for me since. This has been one of them products I just can't manage without. I am on my second tube of this because I have used it so much. This has helped brighten my under eyes, which is what I needed and it helped me look wide awake, even if I wasn't.
Natural Collection Concealer - Again this is a products I couldn't live without. I am on my second tube of this also and it has been a huge staple for me. I have not seen a lot of people rave about this but I think it deserves more hype. It is so affordable and gives a natural finish. It is great for beginners and that's what I needed during 2015.
Collection Speedy Blush in Cheeky - As my skin doesn't suit pink blush all that much, I wanted to try a more coral toned blush. Since I only ever owned a powder blush, I never new what a cream blush was like, so this products seemed like the perfect one to try. Since trying this I have never used a powder blush. This is my ideal blush shade and formula.
Maybelline Colours Tattoos - Believe it or not, eye shadow was probably one of the first makeup products I ever started wearing. I am not to sure why but I since watching youtube I have always been intrigued to these products. After trying them I could believe the hype. I only own the neutral colours but they have been a big stand out for me this year. They last a long time and make a great quick and easy look.
MUA Eyeliner in Snow White - I have always preferred white eyeliner over black and this was my first white liner. As you can see by the picture it is almost all gone. This has been part of my daily makeup routine since the beginning of 2015. Only recently I have discovered others, but I was happy sticking to this product without having to try anything else. 
Brow Gel - I have never been one to fill in my eyebrows as I like the way mine look without it. Saying that, sometimes they fall out of place and look  bit of a mess so to tame that I bought a brow gel. This has made a huge impact on my makeup as I feel like it completes each look. 
Collection Divine Lash - I do know that this has been a very recent release but I did have to give it a little mention. This is the perfect dupe for Benefits They're Real Mascara. The wands are very similar but I do find Divine lash is a lot more natural. I bought this mascara because I wanted something very natural for school that just held the curl of my eyelashes all day. This did exactly that. 
Revlon Lash Potion - I tried this a while back and I have always been a huge fan of it. It does a great job at lengthening and thickening lashes. I have also found it's helped grow my lashes naturally, which is something not every mascara can offer.
Tanya Burr Lip gloss in Sparkling Dewdrops - This was my second Tanya Burr gloss but my first one was just peachy which I didn't like. This shade was a lot more my colour and was a huge staple for me through summer and spring. Obviously with the changing seasons I started using this less, but it was a product I always came back to.
MUA LUXE Lip Lacquer in Tranquility - This was sent to me in September, so again a recent purchase, but I have had so much wear out of it. This is the most long lasting lip product I own. It is super matte without being drying and it is a beautiful colour. 
MUA Intense Lip Liners - I discovered these when I was in a show and I needed a red lip shade. With it only being for a few performances I didn't want to spend loads, so I chose a lip liner from MUA. Turns out, they are super easy to apply and last a long time paired with a lip gloss.
The Body Shop Honeymania Lip Balm - I got this in their advent calendar in 2014 and I was never a huge fan of their born lippys or their lip butters and I jut thought that this was going to be the same. After hiding it at the back of my draw for a while, I pulled it back out and haven't stopped using it since. The consistency is a lot thicker and nourishing than the other formulas.
EOS Lip Balms - On a regular basis I use The Body Shop lip balm of a night and an EOS during the day. These are super cute and really moisturizing. There is no scent or flavor in particular that has stud out this year, but I love the formula very much.

Makeup Brushes:
Real Techniques Face Brushes - I discovered Real Techniques in the summer of 2015 and honestly, I don't know what I would do without them. Their face brushes have been a huge help to my application of my makeup. Favorite brushes are expert face brush, buffing brush and contour brush. They are all super soft and are super easy to clean.
Primark Eye Brushes - I have always loved Primark for clothes, shoe, accessories and now beauty. The double ended concealer and eye shadow brush has been a huge standout. I like to use this for cream and powder shadows or below the lash line. 
Primark Eyelash Curlers - If I had to say one product that has been my favorite during 2015, it is this (big statement, I know). This is honestly outstanding and I can't rave about it enough. It curls my lashes like no other and they hold with the help of some waterproof mascara.

Nails:
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints - You are all probably sick and tired of me talking about these but they just had to be mentioned. I am not going to go on for too long but some stand-out shades were lychee (on featured in image), Grapefruit, Prickly Pear and Papaya.
Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paints - Barry M released these during spring in 2015 and I had to try they. They were super opaque and fast-drying. I love Barry M Nail Polishes and these just added to my collection.
Barry M Top and Base Coat - As you can see by the obvious pattern, I do love Barry M nail polishes. During the start of the year, I realized I needed something to make my polishes last longer on my nails, so I bought this. I have never used anything else and I have noticed a massive difference.
At the beginning of 2015, I did a Barry M review if you want to read for more detail, link here.

I'm sorry this post was super long but I still hope you enjoyed. Let me know some of your favorite products of 2015 in the comments. Have a great day!
Grace xx


10 comments:

  1. I share so many favourites with you! I love real techniques brushes, colour tattoos and eos, and I really want to try that mua lip lacquer.
    Emily www.floraalemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous and the shade in this post is a dupe for MAC's Velvet Teddy!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love blogs that aren't just about the brand and say some positive things about high street brands as well, there's some great stuff out there! Great blog 💞
    http://denbraberbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the real technic brushes, I got them for Christmas and I fell in love! I love the range of drugstore brands you featured in this post! X

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lot of these are my favourites too:-) love your photos!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real Techniques are such great brushes and so affordable. You've got some great products here, really cheap too and many I would love to try out for myself.

    itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    P.S Your photo's look great. Don't apologise.

    ReplyDelete