Wednesday 13 January 2016

Benefit Balms | Hot or Not Wednesday

Hi everyone,
Today's post is bringing it back to a series I started last year. It is Hot or not Wednesday! As it's a new year I think I am going to do a hot or not every other week, on Wednesday of coarse. So make sure you fill the comments with what I should review next. If you are unaware of a hot or not, it is basically a mini review on high street or high end makeup products. Today I will be reviews the Benefit lip balms, and I hope that you enjoy!
Price:
These individually retail for £14.50, which for a high end lip product, I find reasonable. I was lucky enough to receive these in a gift set which cost £19 for the two, so if you are willing to wait, maybe wait until the Christmas gift sets from Benefit come out. I was a bit disappointed in the amount you get in it but then again, you don't need a lot of product.

First impression:
Honestly, I wasn't expecting a lot from these as they are not that hyped up about. Now that I have tried them, I am not sure why they are not hyped up about. I found the first application of both of them very creamy and glossy. The pigmentation was more than what I expected and overall I was super impressed.

Packaging:
As all Benefit products, these are super lovely to look at. I love the metallic look to them and the colours are bright and girly. This is a very well made product so I know it will not break or smash.

How do you use it? And what does it do?
This acts as a lip balm and sort of a gloss as well. It gives a slight tint also and is said to give a longer lasting colour if you pair it with the same shade tint.

Which are my favourites?
My favorite at the moment is posie balm as it is the perfect colour for spring. Saying that, I think Bene Balm would be great for the autumn, so the shades are wearable but for different times of the year.

What are the negatives?
- Amount of products you receive
- Not the most long lasting

What are the positives?
- Super creamy
- Very moisturizing
- Good tint to the lips

Would I recommend it? And to who?
I would not recommend this for someone on a budget, but if you are into natural and fresh looking makeup, I think you would like them. If you do suffer with super dry lips and some lip products are not wearable because the cling to dry patches, this might be a good alternative if you still want a bit of colour

Hot or Not?
Hot! I love these products and they have been a daily essential for me since I received them.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what I should review next and whether this is something you would want to see regularly. Have a great day!
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea of a hot and not Wednesday! I haven't tried and tbh porbs have way more lip products than I need but these look super pretty! Great post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and I believe in the fact you can never have too many lip products!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! It is a really good way of writing a review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try those out.
    btw I love this idea and your blog is really lovely too :)

    - http://itsmarryx17.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete