Tuesday 30 December 2014

Nobody is perfect

Hi everyone,

Today I thought I would write about something more serious. As you all know it’s coming to the end of 2014 and 2015 is soon coming. Loads of people like to look back on the year and make New Year’s resolutions for the following year. Many people like to set themselves targets to achieve within that year.

Today I thought I would talk about pressure and self-esteem and stuff like that. The most popular New Year’s resolution I know is to lose weight. You might not know this but I am very insecure about my body, I constantly feel overweight and depressed about the way I look. I see all my friends wearing gorgeous clothes and they all look so nice and when I wear something like them I just feel really upset because I don’t have a great figure like them. Over the past couple months I have started to feel a lot more comfortable within my skin. If you are unhappy with your body and you want to lose weight or you might want to put on weight only you can make that change. Your life was built for you to enjoy not for someone to ruin it. If someone is making you feel depressed and insecure about the way you look, you shouldn’t be changing for them. You do what you want to do, it’s your life, and you can make your own rules. If you want to change the way you look that is fine, let no one stop you.  Conference comes with time, you need to learn to accept who you are and what you are. I can tell you all right now that you are all beautiful in your own way. 

Nobody is perfect. If someone is trying to change you just look at them and realize that they are not perfect and you don’t need them to make you happy. The only thing that matters in life is that you’re happy. No one can change you, so if they can’t accept who you are, it’s them that need to change. You need to put yourself first and think about what you want to achieve in life.

Over the last couple of years I have tried to be changed by many people and at first I did, I changed for them and I wasn't happy. They wanted me to act like them, to wear what they wore and to be who they were, and in the end I just walked away.

No one should ever feel pressured into changing themselves, you are unique, special and important. People should accept you for who you are, not change you. The people that accept your flaws and and show their own are the people that care about you.

This is something very close to my heart. There are so many people in the world including me that can’t even look at themselves without thinking negative. If this helped at least one off you than it is all worth it. Just remember that it’s your life only you can make the changes.


I’m sorry that this wasn't a normal blog post and it was a bit depressing but I hope that it helps someone who needs it.
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment