Monday 1 December 2014

Small Beauty Haul

Hi, I am really sorry that I haven't posted in the last week. My laptop sadly broke, so I got it fixed today, so now I can upload again :) I have purchased a few drugstore beauty products over the last week, I have had the chance to try them all out and give a short review on each product.

I am going to start off with what I bought on Friday in superdrug from MUA. When people think off the brand MUA they think it's cheap and bad quality. I personally think that MUA is good for makeup beginners or people that can't afford high end products yet. I think that overall the brand is great for price, I haven't yet had the chance to try out every single product that they do, but my collection of MUA is still a work in progress.

 

The first MUA product I bought was there intense colour eyeliner. This is in the shade, snow white. I can't believe this cost £1, I bought this to put along my water line and in the inner corner or you could use it as a brow-bone highlight. In case you didn't notice, it also came with a sharpener !! They have 8 different shades, they all just cost £1.

For a £1 eyeliner, I think the pigmentation is great, It is long lasting, creamy and easy to smudge.If your looking for a new drugstore eyeliner, I'd highly recommenced MUA intense colour eyeliners.


The final product I bought from MUA was this loose powder. This retails for £2.50 and I got mine in translucent. For £2.50 there is a lot of product in there.This claims to be the Perfect, Matte loose translucent powder and an extremely lightweight sheer and silky setting powder. Personally I don't agree with all these statements.Firstly I have combination to oily skin and I feel as if this powder does not control my oil like i expected it to. It is very lightweight and it doesn't give a lot off coverage. I wouldn't really say it's silky but it does set my make-up quit nicely. 

Overall I think this is a nice product for a lazy or no make-up day and for £2.50 you can't go wrong.

The next things I bought, I bought yesterday so I can't give a fair review but I will tell you my first impressions, and so far i'm very impressed. All these products I got were from a shop called TJ Hughes. At first I didn't know that they sold drugstore products, but when I found out I got very excited, Especially since they were cheaper than drugstore prices for the identical product.



The first thing I bought were 2 Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel. In superdrug these would have costed £5.49. I got mine for £1.99 each !!!! 


I got mine in the shades, 17 and 33. Both off these lipsticks are very wearable nudes, shade 33 is more of a pink nude and 17 is a brown nude. I like both colours and can't wait to wear them.

I was very happy with the pigmentaion of these lipsticks.(Left-17 Right-33 )They are very creamy, glossy and long lasting. I am very impressed :)


The final product I bought was the Maybelline Big eyes mascara. This was only £3.99 which is great since it is originally £8.99. This mascara has 2 wands, this first one for upper lash which is bigger and thicker and the second wand for lower lashes which is a lot smaller.

This is the wand men't for the upper lash. I have only used this once and I wasn't that impressed. It caused lots of clumps, did not separate my lashes and gave me not volume what so ever. Like most mascaras it might need time for it to be a good one to use. 

This is the wand men't for the lower lash. Unlike the other one, I was very impressed with this mascara. It is small enough to get every lash under eye and did not smudge underneath either. I lengthened and separated each lash. I really like this wand.

I really hope you enjoyed my first actual blog post and look forward to some Christmas post coming up soon. I am always open for ideas so please leave any feedback or requests in the comments.
Grace xx


No comments:

Post a Comment